Katy Prairie Promenaders
Square Dance Club
- Organized in 1972.
- A member of the Houston Square and Round Dance Council.
- One of approximately 40 square dance clubs in the greater Houston area.
- The Katy Prairie Promenaders have approximately 60 members.
- Members range in age from the mid-30's to the early 80's.
- Members live in Katy, Pattison, Bellville and West Houston.
- Membership and Dance Lesson dues are $20 each
month, which can be paid at any dance or lesson.
- Fred Goynes of El Campo is the club caller. Fred has been calling since
the 1960's and calls both locally and nationally.
- The Promenaders have guest callers about once every two months.
Special Annual Events:
- Valentine's Day Special - Friday closest to February 14.
- Beans and Cornbread Special - Friday closest to April 15 recognizing income
- MayFest - first Friday in May
- Ice Cream Social - third Friday in July
- Pie Special - September
- Gulf Coast Callers Co-Op Fun-Sti-Toot - third weekend in September in New
- Rice Harvest Festival - October
- Christmas Potluck Dinner Dance - December
- The Katy Prairie Promenaders square dance every Friday night, except when
Mary Jo Peckham park is closed (Good Friday, day after Thanksgiving, Christmas
and New Years week). Lessons/workshops are 7:00
p.m. - 8:00 p.m.; club dance is from 8:00 p.m. - 9:45 p.m. The club dances
mainstream with announced plus tips.